My first appointment: what can I expect?
The first appointment usually lasts about 30-60 minutes. Other consultations may be required, depending on the complexity of your file or if you so require. These are free of charge.
The goal is to:
- Determine the cause of your financial difficulties;
- Calculate your income and expenses;
- Determine and analyze your debts and assets;
- Explain different possible solutions (pros and cons);
- Offer our advice on the best solutions for you;
- Answer all your questions.
- After the first appointment, you will know what your options are, you will normally have resolved your concerns and worries and you will have answers to all your questions.
You will then be able to take the time to think about the path you wish to take.
What should I bring?*
|ASSETS, INCOME AND INVESTMENTS
|List your debts and recent account statements
|Contract of sale / lease
|Pay stub or bank statement
|Municipal tax bill
|State of recent account
|Alimony ( judgment or agreement )
|Act of purchase (if possible)
|Registrations and insurance copies
* Although it is convenient to have these documents in hand for the first meeting, they are not essential and may always be provided thereafter , as required.
Find out how to merge all your payments into one monthly installment and keep your credit score intact.
Financial Health Checkup
The perfect tool to get a quick picture of your financial situation.
Why consult with a trustee?
Are you experiencing financial difficulties? Several professionals can advise you: your financial institution, an accountant, a lawyer, a trustee.